Foundation concepts of Statistical Inference
The goal of the assignment is to assess your understanding of the foundational
concepts of statistical inference, your interpretive skills, and your capability to formulate policy
recommendations. More specifically, the assignment addresses the following learning outcomes:
1. Identify the research problem, aim of the study, and research question(s) for existing studies
2. in regional and global social contexts.
3. Distinguish between (i) population and sample, and (ii) parameter and statistics.
4. Identify the unit and the variable(s) under study.
5. Understand internal and external validity.
6. Apply the basic concepts of statistical inference to regional and global social contexts.
7. Interpret existing descriptive displays from studies in regional and global social contexts.
8. Identify appropriate policy recommendations based on the interpretation of statistical analysis outputs.