By the end of this activity, you will provide important content and formatting feedback for a classmate’s draft of the research essay.
You will read the draft paper written by one of your classmates. Remember that you are not being asked to be an expert on your classmate’s topic. You are being asked to act as an interested reader and respond to the draft as a reader.
You will need to think about the following question: How can I provide quality feedback that will help my peer when he/she is making revisions?
Then, you should complete the following steps:
- By Thursday 11:59 PM EST, submit the draft of your own research essay as a Word file to the discussion area. Please read the assignment description in M6A1.
- Then, select one classmate’s draft, read it carefully, and answer the following questions:
- What is the thesis? Is it arguable?
- What are the key points the writer uses to support the thesis?
- Are there sufficient credible and acceptable secondary sources?
- Has the writer appropriately used and cited quotations, summaries, and paraphrases?
- Do body paragraphs address key points to support the thesis?
- Does the conclusion effectively summarize the argument and help ensure that the reader agrees with the thesis?