Unit: Ethics, Performance Measures, and the Balanced Scorecard
Due Date: Tue, 6/19/18
Points Possible: 200
Deliverable Length: 8–10 slides with speaker notes of 200–250 words per slide
View objectives for this assignment
Part 1 (Individual Portion)
Your boss recently attended an accounting seminar at which the balanced scorecard was discussed. He has asked you to prepare a presentation for the next manager’s meeting about the balanced scorecard and how EEC might adopt it. In your presentation, you should complete the following:
- Define the elements that might be presented in a balanced scorecard.
- Explain how the elements will be used.
- Make a recommendation of whether or not EEC should adopt the balanced scorecard.
- If adopted, how might it improve the company?
Part 2 (Group Portion)
The President of EEC realizes that the balanced scorecard translates an organization’s mission and strategy into operational objectives and performance measures. The group received an e-mail from him asking the group to include information in the PowerPoint presentation about tying compensation to performance measures. Discuss the following in the group presentation:
- Describe unethical behavior that can result if the wrong performance measures are used to tie performance measures to compensation.
- How can EEC avoid these behaviors?
- How should EEC tie performance measures to compensation?
- Who is responsible for establishing the performance measures?
Please submit your assignment.