- Assignment 2: Discussion—Theories of Motivation in Compensation Design
Theories of motivation underpin many of the decisions managers and their advisers make about rewards systems.
In this assignment, you will cover some of the most common motivation theories human resources (HR) personnel and compensation professionals use while designing their compensation strategies.
Respond to the following:
- Evaluate how outdated motivation theories can lead to ineffective and antiquated rewards systems, as noted by Bowey (2005).
- Analyze the role that culture as a component of compensation design plays in the creation of motivation theories.
- Bowey, A. (2005, Winter). Motivation: The art of putting theory into practice. European Business Forum, 20, 17–20. https://login.libproxy.edmc.edu/login?url=http://search.proquest.com.libproxy.edmc.edu/docview/224666442?accountid=34899Submission Details:
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through the end of the Module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, make sure you include course content and appropriate references to support your statements.
- Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsQuality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment 16Quality of responses to classmates12Frequency of responses to classmates4Reference to supporting readings and other materials4Language and grammar4Total:40