Proposal arguments are common forms of writing, especially in the professional world. The goal of a proposal argument is to propose a solution to solve a problem. This task requires you to propose a clear solution to a specific problem and then provide evidence to support your recommendation.
Note: Choose only one of the following topics for your essay.
• How can the United States lessen its dependence on fossil fuels?
• What can be done to improve the college graduation rate?
• How can a city promote the use of public transportation?
• What can be done to promote better health for the American population?
A. Write a proposal essay (suggested length of 4–7 pages). In your essay, do the following:
1. Respond to one of the given topics.
2. Provide an effective introduction.
3. Provide an appropriate thesis statement that previews two to four main points.
4. Explain the significance of the problem.
5. Propose a clear recommendation, with support, to solve the problem.
6. Provide an effective conclusion that includes an evaluation of the importance of the topic.
B. Include at least three academically credible sources in the body of your essay.
1. For your sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
C. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.