Please just review the bibliography (list of questions below)
Help your peers with planning the research. Post at least two peer reviews to receive full credit.
Download the paper of your peer. Use Review feature in Word to comment in the margin on grammar, style, citations, etc.
Then, use questions below to help each other revise this assignment. Save both files to your computer and then post them in your reply.
Writer’s name__________________________ Peer Editor ____________________________
1. Does the student include a research question? What is it? Can you narrow down the question even more? How? Provide your ideas? Ask questions about the research topic. Comment on the proposal strength and weaknesses.
2. Does the student include the progress on research, methods, and timeline?
3. Check the citations. Do you have any questions about any of citations? Does the student use MLA 8th edition to cite sources?
4. How many sources does the student provide? Does he/she need more?
5. Does the student format the text correctly? If not make suggestions.
6. Read each summary under each citation.
a. Does each summary provide the main idea of the article?
b. Does each summary provide enough supporting details that you as a reader understand what each article is about? What is still needed (thesis, main points, evidence for main points)? Comment below and in the paper. Does the student follow the suggested template in his/her summaries? Make suggestion
c. Does the student need to add any more details to the summaries? If so, list the articles below that the writer should work on. What is missing, in your opinion?
d. Does the student use attributive tags to credit the authors? (Smith argues, etc.) Mark sentences where the writer needs to include these tags.
7. Read each evaluative paragraph under each citation.
a. Does each evaluative paragraph provide an analysis of the source?
b. Does each paragraph address the credibility and relevance for the research?
c. Does the writer answer any of following questions in his/ her analysis?
Is it credible? Who is the publisher? Is it up-do-date?
Does it address different viewpoints?
What is the authority of the researchers? Is it written by an expert in the field?
Does it include a thorough bibliography that might alert you to other sources?
Has it changed the way the writer thinks about this topic?
How will the writer use this source in his/her paper?
8. Make suggestions what else could be discussed in each evaluation. Does the writer need to add any more analysis? If so, list the articles below that the writer should work on. What is missing, in your opinion?
9. Are there any “filler” sentences? Sentences that do not say much and could be combined with other sentences or removed completely should be marked. Comment here which summary might need more revising.
10. Are there any wordy sentences that could be more concise? Comment here and in the paper itself.
11. Are there any problems with citations?
12. Are there any problems with grammar, style, and punctuation?
13. What are some of the strengths?