Summative Assessment Information
The assessment for this module requires you to produce:
A detailed proposal for a Primary Study or Systematic Review containing a review of relevant literature.
In this you will present a proposal for a piece of research that you would like to undertake. It will contain a review of relevant literature debating what is currently known in the area of your intended study.
This MUST NOT EXCEED 6000 words in total. Exceeding the word limit could result in you receiving a mark penalty which might cause you to fail the module.
You MUST NOT actually undertake any research or attempt a Systematic Review for this module. It only requires you to propose a study that you might undertake at some point in the future.
Your research proposal should be designed to investigate a specific, clearly stated, research problem. Your work should address the following:
• Reason/ rationale for investigation of the research problem.
• A background/ contextualisation of the research topic.
• The design of the research, which demonstrates the logic of the methodological approach and research design appropriate to the research question and the data required.
• Methods selected for the collection of data and data analysis, with discussion as to their appropriateness over alternatives (strengths and limitations of the chosen approach).
• Ethical implications and procedures
• Reliability and validity/trustworthiness issues
• Suggestions for dissemination of findings and any potential implications for policy and practice.
I have attached the failed assignment and the feedback given by the module tutor. Please feel free to make a different proposal if needed.