Personal Goal Statement
The personal goal statement should include your interest in and your potential for contributing to the field of nursing, psychiatric mental health nursing, and how the statement is aligned with the mission of National University and the Department of Nursing Career objectives.
To deliver an exceptional student experience by providing superior programs and services that are relevant and result in meaningful learning.The mission of the nursing program at National University is to create a learning-centered environment that supports the education of nurses who will improve human health through nursing judgment to provide high quality, caring, competent, and safe nursing practice for individuals, communities and populations in a diverse society.
Department of Nursing Career Objectives:
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
• Implement appropriate theories, models, frameworks, and concepts for nursing and non-nursing disciplines when designing interventions that influence health care outcomes for diverse populations in a variety of settings
• Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to evaluate fiscally appropriate health care delivery systems that integrate research and clinical expertise to provide evidence-based, patient-centered care
• Evaluate economic, policy, environmental, and social forces that impact nursing practice, health care delivery, and quality of health care
• Participate in the analysis, implementation, and evaluation of strategies for improving nursing practice through the implementation of health information systems and technologies
• Demonstrate a professional commitment to creating an environment of lifelong learning for patients, families, communities, and other health care practitioners.