Read the case study “Trust the Algorithm or Your Gut” and then answer the three assignment questions below.
1) What are the main ways in which making selection decisions based on an algorithm differs from selection decisions based on a manager’s judgment? Don’t evaluate these differences in this section; instead, focus on describing how these approaches differ.
2) What are the main advantages of using an algorithm to guide selection decisions? What are the main disadvantages or drawbacks?
3) If you were making a selection decision, and the candidate you felt was best differed from the candidate recommended by the algorithm, what steps might you take to reach a decision? How should Aliyah reach a decision?
Please be sure to separate your answers to each assignment question with headers (e.g. 1. Algorithmic selection vs. Conventional selection, 2. Advantages and disadvantages, etc.). • Use headings to separate answers to assignment questions.
• Use one-inch margins, 12-point font, and double-spacing.Your written work will also be evaluated based on these criteria:
1. Development – Your answers should fully address the assignment questions. Be detailed and specific
without padding your paper with wordiness (e.g. statements & content that add limited value).
2. Clarity – Your writing should contain as few errors as possible and should be clearly structured. Write
as if you are addressing your manager or an important client.
3. Directness – Your writing should be organized around responding to the assignment questions listed
for each paper and you should fully follow assignment instructions.