Wealth and Poverty in America.
See additional materials for link(s).
Various areas across America represent all points on the spectrum between rich and poor, poverty and privilege. View one or more of the following videos related to poverty or wealth in America.
• Poverty in America Documentary 2017 (52:01) (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
• America’s Poor Kids (Child Poverty Documentary – Real Stories (58:51) (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
• 740 Park Avenue Wealth and Power (54:30) (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
• The rise of the Super Rich Untold Wealth of the One Percent (45:03) (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
After you watching the videos, post a thoughtful critique addressing the following questions:
• What were the main points of the documentary? What moral/ethical issues were addressed?
• What was your reaction to the issues? Did any aspect surprise you?
• Why do you think there is such a large gap between the richest and the poorest in our society?
• Were the issues presented in a biased or unbiased manner? Were the arguments grounded in fact or opinion? Did the presenters/producers appear to have an underlying agenda that they were pushing forward?
• What is a moral/ethical response to the identified issues? Should we intervene to “fix” the problems identified? Why or why not?
What is your overall opinion on this?